Monday, October 26, 2009

"Salads can be a healthy way to include potato chips in the diet!"

I said this to my lovely housemate Julie this morning while crushing chips onto my breakfast salad. But seriously, I think it is important to acknowledge that including little treats that we like in a healthy diet creates a sense of balance and keeps you from feeling deprived. It certainly does for me! And it adds a little crunch too!

Here is my breakfast salad that I dreamed up while running this morning:


Fill your bowl with greens and sprouts,
add turkey, olives, a little bocconcini, hemp hearts, a few cilantro leaves,
and drizzle with lemon juice.
For the dressing I combined a little hummus and yogurt (yum!).
Then I crushed a few chips (grinning wickedly) and
added a slice of apple for colour.

Delish!

No comments: